top of page
Crevasse Rescue Course
All you need to know to successfully perform a crevasse rescue on hard ice.
After showing good competence in this course you will get a Glacier Encounter Diploma to add to your CV.
- Personal Equipment
- Anchors on hard ice
- Drop loop system
- Abseiling into the crevasse
- Improvised harnesses
- Ascending the rope
- Mechanical advantage haul system
- Technical gear choices - pros and cons
- Basic Glacier Guiding Skills Course recommended.
- Know how to tie basic knots
(figure 8, clove hitch, etc)
- Walk confidently on crampons.
Duration: One full day
Location: Sólheimajökull Glacier
Instructor to students ratio: 1:4
Next dates: 28/05/23
Price: 29.590 ISK
bottom of page